A problem not even IT can figure out...

D

dmarshall

This problem involves the calendar function of Outlook 2003 with SP-3.
About two weeks ago, when I attempt to type in an appointment directly into the "daily view" (click on a time that highlights the line and then I begin to type), after about three letters a new appointment appears and the first letters typed appear as a separate appointment. This continues as I continue to type - adding new appointments to the time-line for every three to four letters typed. It is as if the "enter key" is being struck after every few letters, closing one appointment and automatically opening a new one on the same line. Additionally, if I right-click the appointment so I can delete it, the appointment does not remain "selected" long enough to click on "delete." I must open the appointment and delete it there.
We have reloaded Outlook; added the service pack and upgrades; cleared the cache; but nothing seems to work. This is a laptop and the problem occurs both while docked (separate keyboard and mouse) as well as from the laptop's keyboard.

Any help or ideas would be great!!!
Don

Ask a Question