Autoshapes randomly changing between mac & pc- rounded rectangles to circles

B

brugone

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have a slide with several rounded rectangles. PPT changes the rounded rectangles to circles (or ovals). The changes occurs when the PC recipient opens the file in PowerPoint 2007. I can't find any other incidences of this online, and I have absolutely no idea what to do about it.

There is no pattern to the changes--I convert the ovals/circles back to rounded rectangles, but then the same or other shapes are changed when he opens the file. It is completely random. We have even had a couple of transfers when no changes occurred, but usually the problem occurs.

Here is how the image looks on my screen:

And how it looks when he receives it:

Please help!

C

CyberTaz

The first two points that come to mind:

1- Is Office fully updated on *both* ends? Make sure the most recent updates
have been applied to both yours as well as on the PC.

2- What file format are you using? If anything other than 2007/2008 (.___x)
format the graphics are quite likely being affected by the conversion.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

B

brugone

Thank you for the suggestions...I am using .pptx as is the other user, and we are both fully updated. This slide in particular has a lot of groups and animations so every time the shapes change I have to completely redo the slide...so frustrating to waste so much time!

Ask a Question