BUG: The conditional formation of the combo boxes is lost after a schema update.

G

G. Tarazi

This is the oldest bug of InfoPath, well; it is since the beta of SP1, or who knows, maybe older.

When you import a new xsd schema to an InfoPath Form (.NET/VS/C#), using convert data source, the conditional formatting of the combo boxes is lost.

Then when you switch the views and open the conditional formatting again (if you have more than one view), the formatting is gone, but it is still there in the xslt (combo box).

So, after 9 months of development with this product, we have a list of what to do before publishing a form to QA and then production, the list goes (open this combo box and add this conditional formatting, ...)

But the formatting is lost in other cases, like convert a text box to an expression box, and the formatting is lost.

Copy and past a button between 2 views and the rules of that button is lost.

Tons of lost things, by just doing simple operations, some of them are bugs; some of them are just limitations.

I have been complaining about that from a long time on the message boards, with no luck.

Anyway, today I have changed a secondary data source, and lost the conditional formatting of the combo boxes (of a very large form), and decided to complain again.

And remembered the Microsoft slogan "Do more with less", here is one for InfoPath, "do less with more, do it twice, do it again :), over and over and over"

In Microsoft InfoPath 2005 What is new "we finaly are not loasing the conditional formating of the combo boxes"

M

Matthew Blain \(Serriform\)

I just hit this last week without even changing anything in my form (beyond some text elsewhere on the view), some conditional formatting of my combo boxes was lost.

If it's something simple (in my case, it was 'hide' which was lost, other things stayed), I wrapped the combobox in a section. A mild pain to do once, but it works.

"G. Tarazi" <Tarazi (at) LiveTechnologies.ca> wrote in message This is the oldest bug of InfoPath, well; it is since the beta of SP1, or who knows, maybe older.

When you import a new xsd schema to an InfoPath Form (.NET/VS/C#), using convert data source, the conditional formatting of the combo boxes is lost.

Then when you switch the views and open the conditional formatting again (if you have more than one view), the formatting is gone, but it is still there in the xslt (combo box).

So, after 9 months of development with this product, we have a list of what to do before publishing a form to QA and then production, the list goes (open this combo box and add this conditional formatting, ...)

But the formatting is lost in other cases, like convert a text box to an expression box, and the formatting is lost.

Tons of lost things, by just doing simple operations, some of them are bugs; some of them are just limitations.

I have been complaining about that from a long time on the message boards, with no luck.

Anyway, today I have changed a secondary data source, and lost the conditional formatting of the combo boxes (of a very large form), and decided to complain again.

And remembered the Microsoft slogan "Do more with less", here is one for InfoPath, "do less with more, do it twice, do it again :), over and over and over"

In Microsoft InfoPath 2005 What is new "we finaly are not loasing the conditional formating of the combo boxes"

G

G. Tarazi

This is what I just did today, I used the mode="preserve" property just to go around the problem.

Thanks for the help.

I just hit this last week without even changing anything in my form (beyond some text elsewhere on the view), some conditional formatting of my combo boxes was lost.

If it's something simple (in my case, it was 'hide' which was lost, other things stayed), I wrapped the combobox in a section. A mild pain to do once, but it works.

"G. Tarazi" <Tarazi (at) LiveTechnologies.ca> wrote in message This is the oldest bug of InfoPath, well; it is since the beta of SP1, or who knows, maybe older.

Ask a Question