Business Contact Manager - Opportunities - Probability

S

spettit

I find that when I change the probability for an opportunity it changes the revenue for that opportunity (eg $100 deal with a 50% chance of closing changes the deal size to $50). This is not correct in my mind, but I'm wondering if there is a setting the decouples the relationship between probability and deal size

C

Chris Schatte

Interesting question, but your "profit" from the opportunity is $50.00. Thanks for the post on BCM. We are using it, but want to learn more from users, before fully relying on it
Maybe someone will come along and tell us more on your post.

S

spettit

I disagree. Probablity doesn't impact profit. It simply says "I have a 50% chance of closing this deal, which happens to be worth $100". If I have a $100 deal in the pipeline, I always want to see it as a $100 deal, not a $50 deal because I have a 50/50 shot at it

I must say, it really appears to me that this product is a hobby for MSFT and not something that they expect you to take too seriously, which is a shame because i think there is a lot of value here for small businesses

S-

R

Rob Schneider

I agree that they have gotten this probability and impact on revenue
formula wrong. Completely wrong.

Most Microsoft Version 1.0 products seem to have major shortcomings.
Version 2.0 get a little better but still ragged on edges. Version 3.0
seems always to be their first excellent version. And some products
don't make it to version 3.0.

I'm wondering if BCM is simply a loss leader or experiment (your say
"hobby" and that may not be far off either) and the real target is to
get small businesses to buy the CRM package ...

Meantime, BCM has simplified for me keeping tracks of accounts, business
contacts,and the "objects" associated with those contacts ... and for
that it works pretty well, albiet with some performance it.

Hope this is useful to you. Let us know.

rms

S

spettit

it is helpful, as i was hoping to determine whether this was an isolated issue or a configuration option.

I agree that BCM could be really useful, but I'm now experiencing "forms" issues which i'll start a new thread on.

Regards,

S

Ask a Question