Call (800) 376-4112 to Change YouTube TV Home Area

Reaction score
It's crucial to change YouTube TV home area if you've relocated or wish to watch various local channels. Your location determines your home area on YouTube TV, which has an impact on the local channels and regional sports networks you get. We'll walk you through the process of changing the YouTube TV home area in this guide, along with some helpful tips to make sure everything goes smoothly. Call (800) 376-4112 to reach YouTube TV customer support if you need help.

Why Change Your YouTube TV Home Area?

There are several reasons why you might need to change your YouTube TV home area:

• Relocation: You've relocated to a different state or city.
• Local Channel Access: You want to be able to watch sports and news on local stations that are relevant to your new location.
• Traveling: You wish to make updates to your home area while you are away for a lengthy period of time.

How to Change Your YouTube TV Home Area

Changing your home area on YouTube TV is a simple process, but it's important to follow the steps carefully to ensure you receive the correct channels for your location.

Step 1: Confirm Your Current Home Area

Before making any changes, check your current home area:

1. Sign In: Go to the YouTube TV website or app and sign in to your account.
2. Account Settings: Click on your profile picture in the top right corner and select "Settings."
3. Area Information:
Under "Area," you'll see your current home area.

Step 2: Update Your Home Area

If you've moved or need to change your location:

1. Use a Supported Device: Ensure you're using a supported device, such as a smart TV, streaming device, or computer, connected to your new home network.
2. Open YouTube TV: Sign in to YouTube TV on the device connected to your new home network.
3. Confirm Location: YouTube TV should automatically detect your new location and prompt you to update your home area.
4. Follow Prompts: Confirm the change by following the on-screen instructions.

Step 3: Verify Changes

After updating your home area:

1. Check Local Channels: Go to the "Live" tab to ensure you’re receiving the correct local channels for your new location.
2. Contact Support: If you encounter any issues, contact YouTube TV support for further assistance.

Important Considerations

• Limits on Changes:
YouTube TV allows you to change your home area twice per year. Ensure you update your location carefully.
• Traveling: If you're traveling, you may not need to change your home area. YouTube TV provides access to certain local channels based on your current location without altering your home area.
• Network Restrictions: Some networks may not be available in your new location. If you notice any missing channels, contact YouTube TV support at (800) 376-4112.

Conclusion:

To make sure you get the local channels that are relevant to your area, you must change your YouTube TV home area. Whether you've relocated to a new place or are spending a long time away from home, knowing the proper procedures will make it simple for you to change your settings. Call (800) 376-4112 to reach YouTube TV customer service if you run into any issues or need more help.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):

Q: How do I update my YouTube TV location?

To update your YouTube TV location, simply follow the steps above to change your home area settings with the new ZIP code corresponding to your current location. For personalized assistance, contact (800) 376-4112.

Q: How do I get my home area back on YouTube TV?

If you need to restore your home area settings on YouTube TV, navigate to the settings and update the ZIP code to your current location.

Q: How do I change my home network on YouTube TV?

Changing your home network involves updating your home area settings to reflect your current location.

Q: Will updating my home area affect my YouTube TV account or billing?

No, updating your home area only adjusts the local channels and sports networks available based on your new ZIP code. It does not impact your account settings or billing information.