Can Office for Mac automatically determinethe proper spelling language?

B

Bunsi

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I have to switch a lot between German and English spelling language when working in Word, Excel, and Entourage. I don't need both languages in one document or email, but I am finding myself having to switch the spelling language back and forth throughout the day when working with either German or English text.

Is there any way to automate this? Meaning can Office for Mac determine the proper spelling language automatically? I know the Windows version has this feature.

Thank you,
Torsten

S

ScottH

Office for Mac does not have the "Detect Language Automatically" feature that the Windows version of Office has.

J

Jim Gordon MVP

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I have to switch a lot between German and English spelling language when working in Word, Excel, and Entourage. I don't need both languages in one document or email, but I am finding myself having to switch the spelling language back and forth throughout the day when working with either German or English text.

Is there any way to automate this? Meaning can Office for Mac determine the proper spelling language automatically? I know the Windows version has this feature.

Thank you,
Torsten

Hi,

You can tell Office which language's spelling tools to use by selecting
the text and then choosing which language applies to the selected text.

1. Select a word (or more) text.
2. Choose Tools-->Language.
The Language selection box opens.
3. Select a language to use.
4. Click the OK button.

Apple+a selects all the text in a document, so you could set an entire
document's language at once.

-Jim

Ask a Question