Can't upgrade Office 2008

F

frupp

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I recently installed Office 2008 (no previous installation of Office) and successfully updated to 12.1.1, then I wanted to update to 12.1.2 but the updated said that it couldn't find a version that could be updated. I deleted the whole office installation and tried again, now I managed to upgrade to 12.1.0 but not 12.1.1 (same error message again)

I tried updating from my admin account, same thing. So I deleted everything and installed office from scratch, now I couldn't update to 12.1.0 that is the installer runs and says that the upgrade was installed successfully - but the update progress is way to quick and then the updater asks if I want to upgrade to 12.1.0 ...

I've tried to delete the Office folder in the doc folder, no difference. I've tried to disable the version check in the update package which resulted in a crashing Word, ... so now I'm out of ideas.

How can I update to the latest version of Office???

(and if I continue to remove and update will I soon be running Word 5.1??)

Ask a Question