changing numbers

D

dougcoms

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I'm simply trying to type numbers in cells. I can't get Excel to leave them alone. It changes them from 760 to .076 (for example). Trying to reformat as General stays the same, reformating as number changes it to .08. I've tried to make it work in new workpages to no avail. I've tried conditional formating and styles also to no avail. I've lost two days on this. Please bring back Excel 2004!

N

Niek Otten

From a fellow Mac user (herman):

I got the solution from Microsoft. it has to do with a preference. Go to edit, there wil be a box at: display this number of
decimals, uncheck this, restart the programm and the problem is solved.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

| Version: 2008
| Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
| Processor: Intel
|
| I'm simply trying to type numbers in cells. I can't get Excel to leave them alone. It changes them from 760 to .076 (for
example). Trying to reformat as General stays the same, reformating as number changes it to .08. I've tried to make it work in new
workpages to no avail. I've tried conditional formating and styles also to no avail. I've lost two days on this. Please bring back
Excel 2004!

Ask a Question