Data Access Page and Timer event

P

pdm

Hi
Would anyone know any way to simulate a timer event in a data access page? For the Access part of an app theres a hidden form on a timer that kicks out the users when tripped (and sends them to a nice HTML maintenance message) -standard stuff. I put a script in a Data access page to do the same but it has to wait for the users to refresh it - could not find a timer event and expecting not to. This wasn't going to be an issue but the page locks the b/e even though it's R/O - so no maintenance. Been clearing these with net file /close (I feel your cringe). Any solution like setting an ODBC refresh or that will retrigger a BeforeInitialBind, or something like that? (It has to be set in the page or connection file, not on the client). Has anyone found some way to do this? Thanks for your input - I'll put a credit in for your solution. - Pete
P.S. Need a 'Data Access Page' forum in the pantheon.

Ask a Question