Dealing with OneDrive Uploads and Internet Lag Issues

Reaction score
I have 2 desktops and one new laptop, all for personal use. While I've always had OneDrive, I only noticed it after purchasing the new laptop a week ago. About a year ago, I bought an Office 365 subscription. My awareness of OneDrive increased when I moved my iTunes music to one of the desktops, where Office 365 was installed. Upon downloading iTunes, the backups started on the songs in OneDrive. Later, when I transferred my phone pictures to the new laptop, I noticed that they, along with the music copied to the laptop, were also being sent to OneDrive. This caused a headache when I attempted to download them back to the laptop, leading to internet lag due to constant uploads and downloads with errors. To address this, I purchased a 4TB external SSD to store all my pictures and music. My plan was to eliminate OneDrive as it caused too many issues with internet lag. I thought I deleted the OneDrive app from the new laptop and newer desktop, but it keeps reappearing, and the uploads won't stop. I've signed out of Microsoft to halt the uploads to OneDrive, and I thought I had delinked the computers. Although I deleted the OneDrive app, it continues to reappear and it's not listed in programs either. Can you assist?