dotted gridlines printing where solid had previously

T

tclewell

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

In previous versions of Excel my default (unformatted) gridlines printed as solid lines. Now they print as dotted. The result is not as clean and precise as I'd like. I am printing in the high quality mode and this occurs on multiple printers and on both ink-jet and laser printers.

Any thoughts?

J

JE McGimpsey

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

In previous versions of Excel my default (unformatted) gridlines printed as
solid lines. Now they print as dotted. The result is not as clean and precise
as I'd like. I am printing in the high quality mode and this occurs on
multiple printers and on both ink-jet and laser printers.

What happens if you change the quality setting?

Do you have Preferences/View, Show gridlines:Color set to Automatic?

T

tclewell

Thanks for the reply. Changing the quality setting has no effect. And yes, color is set to Automatic. Interestingly, with color set at Automatic, the gridlines show light gray on the screen. Previously they would then print as a fine line. When I change from Automatic to gray or another color, they then appear dotted (exactly as they print in Automatic).

C

CraigM

I'm having the same problem. The dashed gridlines are ugly and confusing and are unevenly spaced. I've tried playing with the printing quality but this doesn't seem to affect the gridlines in any way.

Changing from Automatic colouring means the grids appear as dashes in the Excel document (and matches what you see when you print) but thsi is still very ugly.

A similar problem seems to occur if you use a fill in the cells. I've previously used the sparsest dot fill but this now render as ugly square or rectangular blobs, and the different rows are different sizes.

Very ugly.

Regards,

Craig

N

Nazteq

Me too. Been using the feature for years, now it doesn't work.

Anyone from Microsoft reading this, can we get a fix?!?

J

JE McGimpsey

Nazteq said:
Me too. Been using the feature for years, now it doesn't work.

Anyone from Microsoft reading this, can we get a fix?!?

No need to post the same thing in two different threads.

Ask a Question