Draft view missing from view menu (Mac Word 2008)

U

UniAce

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Does anyone have any idea why the "Draft" view would suddenly go missing from the View menu?

Now I only have 5 options in the view menu: Web Layout, Outline, Print Layout, Notebook Layout, and Publishing Layout. This is the case for existing documents and new documents. There's no way for me to switch into draft view!

What's even crazier is that if I open an existing doc that was last saved in draft view, it displays in draft view, but draft view is not shown in the view menu (so there's no check mark at all for that doc in the view menu), and if I switch to a different view, there's no way to go back to draft view.

The version of Word 2008 I have is 12.2.1.
Thanks.

C

CyberTaz

Well, you can still switch to any view (other than Web Layout) by using the
buttons at the lower left corner of the document window. There's also the
option of assigning keyboard shortcuts for the various views... but neither
of those alternatives are the solution to the missing menu command :)

Try this first:

Go to View> Custom Toolbars & Menus, Toolbars page. Click the name of the
Menu Bar, then click the Reset button. See if the missing choice isn't
restored once you OK out of the Customize dialog.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

U

UniAce

Fantastic! Using the buttons at the lower-left of the window worked, AND resetting the menu bar brought Draft view back to the view menu. Thanks very much!

Ask a Question