Email search

T

Tim

Using Outlook 2007. In a Contact I use the "Show Activity" function quite often to find emails. Even though it's pretty slow, the results are what I want in that I can see all the emails that were either sent to, or received from, the contact. But it only works with one contact at a time. On the other hand, I can use the Advanced Find function on email folders to find all the emails for several email addresses at the same time, but the results are only "From" OR "Sent To", but not both at the same time.
My ultimate goal is to have a search that will give me a list of all the emails either sent to, or received from, any of several email addresses. As an example, I do business with someone in another company who has several assistants. Each has their own email address. I’m looking for a certain series of emails that I know came from someone in the company, but I don’t know who. So I need to run a search for all emails from any of several email addresses.
I’m not afraid to write some custom code to accomplish this, but I have no idea how to go about that as I’ve never done it before. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction? TIA

Ask a Question