Entourage 2008 to Exchange 2003 calendarsynch issue -- can it be automated?

W

WT21

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I've been struggling with calendars for a while now with Entourage. So much so, that I brought out my old corporate-provided Dell laptop just for scheduling!

But, I think I've found my issue.

I'm running Entourage 12.2.3 and my company does not yet have the latest Exchange server (so the SnowLeopard native support isn't there yet). They might still be on 2003. I'm not sure entirely.

Here's my issue. Items that I scheduled from my Dell in Outlook would NOT show up on my Mac Entourage. But it would vice versa.

Then recently, I right-clicked on the calendar icon, and there was a "sync" menu pick. I did that, and bingo! My Entourage calendar populated with the events I had defined on my Outlook client on the Dell (and that also showed up on my outlook web view).

My question -- why doesn't Entourage auto-sync the calendar, or if it can, where's the setting? It seems to be manual sync right now, and I can't find a setting to make it auto.

Any help is appreciated.

Ask a Question