Entourage calendar time format problem

R

rob.h

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: intel

I recently purchased Office 2008 Home & Student edition and after installing it on my Mac Pro (Leopard 10.5.2), I upgraded Office to the latest 12.0.1 version.

I have a strange problem in that the month view in Entourage Calendar insists on showing times in 24 hour format even though the OS is set to use 12 hour (AM/PM) format. Everywhere else in Office 2008, the time is displayed correctly in 12 hour format, and in Entourage email receipt times, calendar list times etc., are also shown correctly in 12 hour format with the AM/PM indicator.

Even when I create a new calendar item, I am prompted to enter start/end times in 12 hour AM/PM format, but as soon as I look at the Calendar 'month' view, Entourage displays items in 24 hour format and without the AM/PM indicator. So for example, an appointment for 09:00AM shows up in the calendar simply as "9 Call work", or an item entered as 05:00PM shows up as "17 Collect car".

I have double checked my System Preferences (International/Format) and everything appears correct, so why is the month view in Entourage calendar doing it's own thing, and how can I change it?

Many thanks.

Ask a Question