Excel Typing is slow. Copy Paste of formulas is slow.

W

Washingtinirwin

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi,

I am having trouble with Excel that has become very slow. When I type there is a 3-4 sec delay before the characters appear on screen. Also if I copy and paste formulas (simple sums) it takes a while for the results to show in the new block. When I move with the cursor from one block to the next it is also slow. From research that I have done I know about the HP printer driver problem and have deleted these printers. I have also selected the Normal template and I have chosen US Letter as the default paper size. This driving me insane. Please help before I go postal.

Cheers
Washingtoninrwin

W

Washingtinirwin

Hi XinXin,

Thank you for the advice. I have downloaded the updated and so far so good. I will follow the other steps should I have a problem.

Regards

JAcques
Hi, can you please try the steps in this KB?
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979949
>
> Thanks,
> XinXin Liu
> Macintosh Business Unit, Microsoft
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am having trouble with Excel that has become very slow. When I type there is a 3-4 sec delay before the characters appear on screen. Also if I copy and paste formulas (simple sums) it takes a while for the results to show in the new block. When I move with the cursor from one block to the next it is also slow. From research that I have done I know about the HP printer driver problem and have deleted these printers. I have also selected the Normal template and I have chosen US Letter as the default paper size. This driving me insane. Please help before I go postal.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Washingtoninrwin

Ask a Question