Front page vs Dreamweaver

K

Kathy

I don't know if my post made it thru and if it did I apologize for the duplicate. Anyway, my question is this: How simple is Frontpage to create a 30 page website with out knowing any HTMLcoding? Can I do this in a week? It is static pages only. Is there a coding problem with Frontpage that writes alot of unnecessary codes to make the website not look good in a browser. So many questions to ask and I am sorry but 3 months on DW and I am still having problems just with the pages. I am BEYOND frustrated with DW and to be honest I notice there is so much less posting here with problems than DW. Any opinions and perspectives would be appreciated. Hopefully this post will work. Thanks in advance. Kathy

C

Crush

Are you familiar with other Microsoft products such as
Word & PowerPoint? If so, then you will be fine. It has a
similar feel to both products and is a lot more user
friendly for those new to web design. Dreamweaver has
some nice features to it, but I agree, it can be pretty
frustrating in some aspects. I have both on my pc, so I
know what you speak of.

-----Original Message-----
I don't know if my post made it thru and if it did I
apologize for the duplicate. Anyway, my question is
this: How simple is Frontpage to create a 30 page
website with out knowing any HTMLcoding? Can I do this in
a week? It is static pages only. Is there a coding
problem with Frontpage that writes alot of unnecessary
codes to make the website not look good in a browser. So
many questions to ask and I am sorry but 3 months on DW
and I am still having problems just with the pages. I
am BEYOND frustrated with DW and to be honest I notice
there is so much less posting here with problems than
DW. Any opinions and perspectives would be appreciated.
Hopefully this post will work. Thanks in advance. Kathy

C

Crash Gordon

I still have Dreamweaver 2 on my machine...shows ya how much I use it now. Personally I think FP is easier.
If you're under the gun to finish a design, ya better get crackin..no seriously, you may want to consider finding a template that is close to what you need then you can concentrate on content and figure out the technical junk later when you have time...jmo..

there are templates included in FP, there are free ones, and there are ones for sale...

oh yeah...keep reading here - lots of good stuff on the ng.

R.

| I don't know if my post made it thru and if it did I apologize for the duplicate. Anyway, my question is this: How simple is Frontpage to create a 30 page website with out knowing any HTMLcoding? Can I do this in a week? It is static pages only. Is there a coding problem with Frontpage that writes alot of unnecessary codes to make the website not look good in a browser. So many questions to ask and I am sorry but 3 months on DW and I am still having problems just with the pages. I am BEYOND frustrated with DW and to be honest I notice there is so much less posting here with problems than DW. Any opinions and perspectives would be appreciated. Hopefully this post will work. Thanks in advance. Kathy

Ask a Question