How do I set up a hyperlink ID

C

Crystal T

I would like to set up a box that someone can type an ID into and and click
submit and it will take them to the page linked to that ID. I would like to
do this with mutiple ID's and subpages. Is this possible?

M

MD Websunlimited

Hi Crystal,

Yes.

You first need to come up with a page naming schema that incorporates the ID then use the following for the submit of the form
<input type="text" name="id" value="" >
<input type="submit" onclick="this.action = this.id.value + '.htm'; return true;" value="submit" >

The above assumes that the ID will be the page name suffix by .htm. The form should be created using the GET method (right click
inside the form dashed boundary | Form Properties | click Options | change the method to GET and add a default page.

C

Crystal T

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!

MD Websunlimited said:
Hi Crystal,

Yes.

You first need to come up with a page naming schema that incorporates the ID then use the following for the submit of the form
<input type="text" name="id" value="" >
<input type="submit" onclick="this.action = this.id.value + '.htm'; return true;" value="submit" >

The above assumes that the ID will be the page name suffix by .htm. The form should be created using the GET method (right click
inside the form dashed boundary | Form Properties | click Options | change the method to GET and add a default page.

--
Mike
http://www.websunlimited.com
FrontPage Add-in
MVP FrontPage '97 - '02

Ask a Question