how do I transfer office 2007 license to new hard drive?

M

Mark

I have Office 2007 Home and Student installed on my notebook and desktop. (2 of 3 licenses used) I bought a new hard drive to replace the smaller drive in the desktop and what I want to know is if it's possible to use the current desktop license on the new hard drive. What I don't want to do is use the third license for the new HD, as it is intended for a new notebook in the future.

Any ideas or suggestions welcomed.
Grazie,
Mark

B

bxb7668

You can have Home and Student installed on three family computers at a
time. When you uninstall it from one you can install it on another.
Just as long as no more than three family computers have it installed
at once.

Brian
I have Office 2007 Home and Student installed on my notebook and
desktop. (2 of 3 licenses used) I bought a new hard drive to replace
the smaller drive in the desktop and what I want to know is if it's
possible to use the current desktop license on the new hard drive.
What I don't want to do is use the third license for the new HD, as it
is intended for a new notebook in the future.

Grazie,
Mark

M

mdp

Clone the smaller HD onto the larger HD then take out the smaller drive (or reformat it and use it for data). All the info will now be on the larger drive.
I have Office 2007 Home and Student installed on my notebook and desktop. (2 of 3 licenses used) I bought a new hard drive to replace the smaller drive in the desktop and what I want to know is if it's possible to use the current desktop license on the new hard drive. What I don't want to do is use the third license for the new HD, as it is intended for a new notebook in the future.

Grazie,
Mark

Ask a Question