hyper link to sheet

B

Billy_Patton

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I'm using excel to inventory our books around home. Too much duplicate buying at used book stores.
I have a first sheet titles Authors, then create a separate sheet for author listing each book we have or books we need to search for the next trip to the book store.
I would like to select, vis hyperlink the name on the Authors page and have it jump to the sheet of the author.
I've went to the page but don't know how to define a name for that page.
I can go to the Authors page,select the author's cell then right mouse for hyperlink. This brings up the "insert Hyperlink" menu. Screen tip is not a problem. But when i hit Anchor "Locate: button I get Type in cell reference or select a place in this document. THis select a place in this document has 2 items. Clicking on either does nothing.
I think that I need to somehow attach a name to the author's sheet so that the hyper link can jump there. I don't know how to do this. I've made several attempts but keep getting undefined reference.

B

Billy_Patton

Something about asking questions makes me work a little harder. Minutes after I posted the question, i solved the problem. Thanks to any that read this.

Ask a Question