IMAP with Multiple Accounts

W

w-time

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: imap

Can someone offer some advice please?

I have several email addresses which I access from my Mac (in Entourage) using IMAP. This means that, for example, when I send an email in Entourage the sent email also appears in webmail for that user account.

In Entourage, I view all the accounts in a single Identity – so I can see all emails in the same place.

In Webmail (from GoDaddy) however, I have to login to each email account separately to see each email account.

Does anyone know how to set up a webmail email account so that I can access multiple email accounts with a single login – and use full IMAP features on all the accounts I use in the single webmail access.

So my question is really if you know of a webmail service where I can *access* and *collect* multiple email accounts *using* IMAP.

(Gmail for example supports IMAP, but it doesn't do this. It only allows you to collect mail *from* the Gmail account using IMAP – not collect mail using IMAP.)

Thanks
Steve

C

Corentin Cras-Méneur

Does anyone know how to set up a webmail email account so that I can
access multiple email accounts with a single login ˆ and use full IMAP
features on all the accounts I use in the single webmail access.

Most webmail accounts won;t let you do that unfortunately :-\
If anything, you could ask GoDaddy support...

Corentin

W

w-time

Thanks Corentin, unfortunately the message from GoDaddy was:

Thank you for contacting Online Support. Unfortunately we do not have this option with our Web-Based email to see all emails sent by all addresses or have IMAP features. We do not have any recommendations for third party clients that would have these features however you may wish to use your favorite search engine. Please let us know if you have any further questions, comments, or concerns.

So I am just wondering if the community has any ideas...

Steve

C

Corentin Cras-Méneur

So I am just wondering if the community has any ideas...

Well the problem is that all the servers I've seen so far that had
something vaguely like that were pulling out remote e-mails through POP,
which is clearly not what you want to do.

Corentin

Ask a Question