Importing contacts from Hotmail

S

shawes

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: intel
Email Client: pop

Hi,

I'm trying to import my contacts into Entourage from Hotmail. I can export my Hotmail contacts into a CSV file and I can import that file into Entourage, but the CSV file has quotation marks around each of my field names. It seems that due to those quotation marks my fields all become unmapped, so they all just get dumped into the Notes field. I can't just go into the CSV file to clean it up, as we're talking about 1000 records with dozens of fields each.

Any suggestions?

S

shawes

Thanks for the input. In fact, those tools didn't work except for telling me to move the files to Outlook Express on a PC or use Virtual PC, which I can't.

But it did lead me to figuring another way to do it. I dropped the CSV file into Excel, then exported it again without quotes. It's a dumb way to do things, but it worked.

Sort of. I lost a few records. But at least I kept most.

Shame on Microsoft for not making this possible. A couple of MSFT products not working well together. Shocking!

Ask a Question