Importing Contacts from Windows Outlook 2007 to Entourage 08

J

JNeedsHelp

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I am having trouble getting the CSV exported file from my Windows 7 Outllok 2007 machine over to my iMac. I can see the file as a CSV file in excel on my iMac, but it will not import correctly. The data is there and it's correct. I can even see it in the import box during one of the importing steps, but when it finishes, all I get are empty records in Entourage. What am I doing wrong?

J

JNeedsHelp

Thank you for responding, but this doesnt work. I've tried it a number of times. I deleted my CSV PC based file and tried it numerous times. What I get are address records in the Entourage address book that are completely empty. When I go through the steps to import the CSV file into Entourage I can see the data in the fields. I cant change the order of the mapping, but see the correct column names associated with the data. I dont know what else to try. Any other suggestions? It seems like an easy process, but I cant get it to work.

D

Diane Ross

Thank you for responding, but this doesnt work. I've tried it a number
of times. I deleted my CSV PC based file and tried it numerous times.
What I get are address records in the Entourage address book that are
completely empty. When I go through the steps to import the CSV file
into Entourage I can see the data in the fields. I cant change the order
of the mapping, but see the correct column names associated with the
data. I dont know what else to try. Any other suggestions? It seems like
an easy process, but I cant get it to work.

See if another email client or one of the online email accounts like
Yahoo or Gmail can import the file.

J

JNeedsHelp

I think I determined what the problem was. The exported file from Outlook had too many columns. When I cut down the number of columns in the CSV file, I was able to map the correct fields over. I also had to massage some of the data, but I eventually was able to import 90% of the contact records correctly. Some records that had multiple address lines did not transfer. Thanks for your help.

Ask a Question