installing latest update (12.11)

A

ajplatt

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

Dear all, for some reason, I do not seem to be able to install the latest office 2008 update (12.11). I have installed service pack 1 and the updated autoupdate tool. The update appears in the autoupdate window and will download , but will not install. I come up with a message " You cannot install Office 12.1.1 update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume" I suspect that it got to be preferences related, as my installation of Office is completely conventional, with nothing moved out of original positions. Has anyone any ideas?

A

ajplatt

Dear all, following on from this, i have tried some of the tips suggested, but I am now wondering if it might be related to the version of OS. I am running 10.4.11, but I know that some applications have incorrectly taken that as 10.4.1, so have blocked the update. not sure however how to get round this one!
bw

P

Prasm

Dear all, for some reason, I do not seem to be able to install the latest office 2008 update (12.11). I have installed service pack 1 and the updated autoupdate tool. The update appears in the autoupdate window and will download , but will not install. I come up with a message " You cannot install Office 12.1.1 update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume" I suspect that it got to be preferences related, as my installation of Office is completely conventional, with nothing moved out of original positions. Has anyone any ideas?
I had the same problem and found the reason and the solution:
I had installed Microsoft Messenger 7.0.0 and the installer consideres that a tamper with the Office Folder. There seems to be only solution:
1. Throw the whole Office Folder in Trash.
2. Restart and empty Trash.
3. Install Office from your DVD again.
4. Restart. Do not open Entourage but e.g. Word.
5. Call for updates which will give you the opportunity to install 12.1.0. Do that.
6. Restart. Open Word. Call for updates and install 12.1.1. And now it works.

A

ajplatt

Thanks for this suggestion, however I still have messenger 6.03 installed, i suspect that i will have to re-install: ho hum

A

ajplatt

Dear all, i seem to have fixed this. It follows a post on a similar issue. I un-installed office, and then downloaded all available updates, including the auto-update one. Then i installed office and manually installed all the updates, starting with the auto-update. A bit of a pain, but all installed perfectly!
bw

Ask a Question