Installing Office Prof. Edition 2003?

S

SENimmo

Last week my computer mysteriously crashed - no viruses - no hardware issues - xp just went hay wire! After spending about 20 hours on the phone with 5 microsoft techs - both they and I were still left dumbfounded

I was working on this huge new website for my organization that is scheduled for launch on Wednesday, May 26, 2004 at 10 am. As soon as I was about to back-up the new changes... it just froze and died after a frustrating 10 mintues of it not letting me sign in as myself and then not booting to windows any longer. Because of the importance of the data I sent my laptop in for data recovery to a Independant Computer Technician, after days and days of no stop trying, he was unable to find any of my files. So he just reinstalled windows

I purchased Office Pro. Edition 2003 about 4 weeks ago - the upgrade version as my laptop and the other two computers in my personal office at work already had Office XP on them from the time of purchase

Well now when I try to re-install Office Pro. on my laptop it tells me "this is an upgrade version a full version of MS Office 97, 2003, XP, etc., must be on the system to install this upgrade. What I am supposed to do... the software was already on the laptop when I purchased it, I don't have the MS Office Disk. I am going to have to go buy the full version, when I already paid for the upgrade. And if I go buy the full one... then I should get one licsence back for the upgrade... since I can't re-install it on my laptop

If anyone can offer any suggestions, please - please - please help me.

Ask a Question