keyboard shortcuts for text navigation in Word 2004

P

pashek

Hello everyone I am new to Word 2004, and was wondering if anyone could help me with a small query about keyboard shortcuts. The situation is this. If I want to move the text insertion point one word to the left, I hit alt+left arrow. And if I want to delete one word to the left of the text insertion point, I hit alt+backspace. So far, so good. If I want to move the text insertion point one word to the right, I hit alt+right arrow. And if I want to delete one word to the right of the text insertion point, I would think I would hit alt+fn+backspace (I have a MacBook so no straight delete key). But while this works in other applications (Firefox, Thunderbird), it does not work for me in Word. Instead, to delete one word to the right of the text insertion point in Word, I have to hit cmd+fn+backspace. This is pretty counter-intuitive, and leads to a fair amount of unnecessary faffing! I would be incredibly grateful for any advice on whether it was possible to change this somehow or not. I appreciate your reading this, and your time if you are able to help, very much.

D

Daiya Mitchell

I think so. Assign a keyboard shortcut--it looks like the command name
you need is DeleteWord, but check the Undo list to figure out the exact
name of the command that is currently cmd-fn-backspace.

Read this intro to customizing shortcuts and toolbars and the above will
make more sense:
http://word.mvps.org/Mac/CustomizeToolbars.html

Ask a Question