Link bar creation problem -- help!

S

Steve M.

I am new to FrontPage and webdesign in general. I have a website with a home page and three pages underneath it in the navigation structure. I created link bars on these pages, and on the three "child" pages everything is ok (I gave them "same level" hyperlinks and a link to the "home page". But the home page will not accept the "child level" or "child level under home page" hyperlinks. My design page keeps saying [Edit the properties for this link bar to display hyperlinks here]. What am I doing wrong? The only thing I can think of is that the page I think is my home page is not actually it -- but on the navigation structure it appears to be!?! Is the following a hint?: the ONLY link that I can make appear on my problem page is "home" and only when I check off "global" and "home page" on the menu.

Thank you for your tips in advance!

W

wp

In navigation view insure the pages are listed.
Insure that they are "connected" to the index.htm(home page).
You can drag and drop pages to connect them with others.
Right clickicking a page in Nav view will produce a dialog box. Select "Include in navigation"
Changes will be instantaneous. (well almost)

Ask a Question