Major tab problem

C

Clay

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I am running PP 12.2.1 on all my office machines (both power PC and Intel.
We are working on a large project for a clientand all of us are experiencing a major tab format problem. I set the tabs for numbers on the master document and save it. If I close the document,and reopen it, and/or share it with another person working on the document, the tabs are gone. Very unprofessional. I saw your post on paragraph indentation before text to zero and setting "special" to none. Doesn't work. What is going on? We are on a deadline. Your solution please ASAP

M

michael_carr

Are you using the auto-number function in bullets and numbers? (I presume not.) And is it something you can share without content for testing?

C

Clay

I don't see the auto-number function in format>Bullets&Numbering>numbering. Yes, I can share the part I am working on. How do I upload it to you?
Just closed the Master document and re-opened. the tab setting at 4" on the ruler is gone on some pages with numbers. Settings are the same on paragraph>indent>before text(.05)>special (none)

C

Clay

I just opened the master file that I corrected and saved, and transferred to another computer. The number tab is totally gone from all pages. Just like I never did it on the master document.

C

Clay

The master document on computer #2 has cleared out all number tabs and reset the Format>paragraph>indent>special back to "hanging"

M

michael_carr

Clay: Of course, as Microsoft is wont to do, the number tab totally appeared in your document that I opened. (Same version - 12.2.1, same Intel.) A couple of suggestions: I opened it in 2004 (with number tab again available and viewable) and saved it that way. You could open Presentation2 and see if that works. If not, my default is to throw away the preferences. (If you have custom toolbars and all that, you'll have to redo them, or replace your preferences with a saved backup version.)

library/preferences/com.microsoft.Powerpoint.plist

M

michael_carr

Emergency workaround: Just create a table and right align the column with the numbers. You can turn the fills and borders off if you don't want the info to appear in a table.

Ask a Question