Messages randomly being resent without user acknowledgement

A

allenseksi

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Entourage for the past few months has been resending previously sent email messages without me telling it to otherwise send them. The messages are random, and the users it chooses is random.

Checked settings, no rules configured, tried rebuilding the database.

Any suggestions will be helpful. Thank you.

C

Corentin Cras-Méneur

Entourage for the past few months has been resending previously sent
email messages without me telling it to otherwise send them. The
messages are random, and the users it chooses is random.

I have never ever ever heard of something like that.
Any chance it could be a server issue?

Corentin

A

allenseksi

>
>
> I have never ever ever heard of something like that.
> Any chance it could be a server issue?
>
> Corentin
>
>

I'm currently having our server admins take a look at the logs and cross referencing the times and dates, but no news yet.

R

RobF

I do support for a large number of users, and I had this happen to one of them after using the Database Repair Utility. Message were resent at random following the repair. I've seen a number of posts in other forums that suggest that deleting the user account and making a new one is the way to go. So, that would allow resyncing with the exchange server, but would folders stored locally be retained?

B

Barry Wainwright

I do support for a large number of users, and I had this happen to one
of them after using the Database Repair Utility. Message were resent at
random following the repair. I've seen a number of posts in other
forums that suggest that deleting the user account and making a new one
is the way to go. So, that would allow resyncing with the exchange
server, but would folders stored locally be retained?

depends how you delete the account.

if you go To tools:Accounts and delete the exchange account there, all
local data would be retained.

if you go, in the Finder, to your MUD folder and delete the identities
folder, that would erase all local data.

A

allenseksi

> On 2010-03-05 13:24:53 +0000, (e-mail address removed) said:
>
> I do support for a large number of users, and I had this happen to one of them after using the Database Repair Utility. Message were resent at random following the repair. I've seen a number of posts in other forums that suggest that deleting the user account and making a new one is the way to go. So, that would allow resyncing with the exchange server, but would folders stored locally be retained?
>
>
> depends how you delete the account.
>
> if you go To tools:Accounts and delete the exchange account there, all local data would be retained.
>
> if you go, in the Finder, to your MUD folder and delete the identities folder, that would erase all local data.
>
>
> --�
> Barry Wainwright
> Microsoft MVP
> (see http://mvp.support.microsoft.com for more information)
>

I will give this a try and see if this continues to occur. I found another college that has also experienced this issue, so we'll see how it goes.

A

allenseksi

I ran the Database Repair Utility and so far within the last week, I haven't had any messages re-sent randomly. Will keep my eye on it to see if this problems re-appears.

I also had my college do the same, and reported a similar result.

A

allenseksi

Looks like the problem has returned. Just got emails from two other colleges that asked why did I resend them a response that they've already replied to a couple days ago.

Any suggestions is appreciated.

D

Diane Ross

Looks like the problem has returned. Just got emails from two other
colleges that asked why did I resend them a response that they've
already replied to a couple days ago.

Any suggestions is appreciated.

It's most likely a server error.

J

jmw

We are having this same issue! We have Entourage 2008 (mostly 12.2.1-3) connecting to an Exchange 2007 server. This started about 6 months ago, intermittently, and is not tied to a restart of the exchange server or services.

I have had no luck looking at the temp tables on the server, and this issue is NOT impacting our outlook/pc users, just Entourage. In one case last week, about a dozen emails from Sept were resent from a woman's account and it happened the exact minute she logged into her computer and opened Entourage. I'd be interested to hear from other people who have had a similar problem, or what else we can try..

Thanks,
Jill

Ask a Question