Missing emails in inbox

P

paulhins

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

I have an issue with Entourage users not receiving all of the emails sent to them. I can confirm that they actually have the emails by reviewing their mailbox in OWA or via Outlook 2007, but Entourage 2008 does not want to display or download selected messages. After analyzing a case it appears that the Thread-Index or the References in the header may be a clue to a problem. I am still researching but, any information on issue would be helpful. I have encluded the header...

Received: from EXCH.company.local ([10.1.1.9]) by EXCH1.company.local
([10.1.1.11]) with mapi; Wed, 25 Mar 2009 19:59:29 -0700
Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="winmail.dat"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
To: Paul XXXXXX <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 19:58:19 -0700
Subject: FW: Asset reminder + 1 creative change starting 4/1
Thread-Topic: Asset reminder + 1 creative change starting 4/1
Thread-Index: AcmerFqynCgSapMN10CdfhMksABJ8wAAxEHwAADrBgAAAJbDLQDCMwsNAAAl4DAABB+4PQAyOJhgACkjYPgAAa1ScAAE/U8qAPU12UABbLrOCAAAmNAgACHZsQIAARmooAAKxqH6AAmOlhU=
Message-ID: <01111C9AEAF9D94EAFBEA7086E8075DB20DDF1ADEC@EXCH02>
References: <4F71987DA82D8145BC5DA544950AC06613BEF3B6AE@EXCH02>,<[email protected]>
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
Accept-Language: en-US
Content-Language: en-US
X-MS-Has-Attach:
X-MS-Exchange-Organization-SCL: -1
X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: <01111C9AEAF9D94EAFBEA7086E8075DB20DDF1ADEC@EXCH02>
MIME-Version: 1.0

Thanks,

Paul

G

GLC0101

Paul,

It sounds like we have a similar setup as you. Are you running Exchange 2003 Server?

If so how did you create the Exchange account within Entourage? Did you use the OWA url?

I had a user earlier this week that stopped receiving mail within Entourage but continued to receive on his iPhone. I had him do the Ctrl Click and empty cache and that seemed to refresh.

I am waiting to hear back on another post about the ideal Exchange setup for Entourage. Using the OWA url https: works great for the laptop users since they are coming and going, but I am not sure that I should also be using it for the desktop systems that are in house. Looking to have the same level of security.

keep me posted if you hear of anything.

P

paulhins

I am running Exchange 2007 SP 1 with rollup 3 installed ( RU 4 does bad things to your IMAP ) I am hoping that RU 6 fixes them.

I used the following:

<http://mail.xxxxxx.com/owa/username2company.com>

I can't recall if I tried that. I ended up having the user completely delete the Exchange account and then recreate it. Not something I relish using as a regular fix.

A

Adam Bailey

I have an issue with Entourage users not receiving all of the emails sent to
them. I can confirm that they actually have the emails by reviewing their
mailbox in OWA or via Outlook 2007, but Entourage 2008 does not want to
display or download selected messages.

Control-Click the Inbox and choose Folder Properties > Empty Cache.

Ask a Question