Moving information between Side Notes and other folders (sections)?

E

Eric G

Hello,

I've just started to explore and use OneNote 2003 SP1, and I've one question:

When I take quick notes in Side Notes, I would at a more convenient time move these quick notes into a more permanent storage, e.g. a folder in OneNote, but can't find a simple way of doing this. It appears that I just can't drag the selected content from Side Notes on to a OneNote tab, so what are the best option for moving this info across? I've tried to first open OneNote, then open the Side Notes on top, them selecting the content in Side Notes and dragged it across to OneNote, which works, but it's neither particularly elegant, nor efficient. Isn't there some better way of accomplishing this simple task?

Best regards

Eric G,

Stockholm, Sweden

C

Chris_Pratley \(MS\)

You can open regular Onenote (or just expand the SideNotes window - they are the same thing).

Then in the side notes section, right click on the page tab of the side note you want to move to another section, and choose move. This is somewhat awkward (we know!), but at least after you have done it once the location you moved to appears on the right click menu for any page tab so if you always file to the same place doing this repetitively is easier.

We're working on improvements to this for the next rel.

Chris (MS)

Hello,

When I take quick notes in Side Notes, I would at a more convenient time move these quick notes into a more permanent storage, e.g. a folder in OneNote, but can't find a simple way of doing this. It appears that I just can't drag the selected content from Side Notes on to a OneNote tab, so what are the best option for moving this info across? I've tried to first open OneNote, then open the Side Notes on top, them selecting the content in Side Notes and dragged it across to OneNote, which works, but it's neither particularly elegant, nor efficient. Isn't there some better way of accomplishing this simple task?

Best regards

Eric G,

Stockholm, Sweden

E

Eric G

Chris,

Thanks very much for the tip, but as you say, it's a bit awkward. Look forward to this, and further improvements. The product idea is really great, but it appears (at least to us) that it's difficult to un-train from old habits, applying to Word, Excel, etc. This is really a new way to think and work and when implemented fully, will be a great tool, I'm sure.

We're about 45 people at specialitycruises.com looking at and testing the product presently, so we'll see.

Best regards,

Eric G
Stockholm, Sweden

You can open regular Onenote (or just expand the SideNotes window - they are the same thing).

Then in the side notes section, right click on the page tab of the side note you want to move to another section, and choose move. This is somewhat awkward (we know!), but at least after you have done it once the location you moved to appears on the right click menu for any page tab so if you always file to the same place doing this repetitively is easier.

Chris (MS)

Hello,

Best regards

Eric G,

Stockholm, Sweden

C

Chris_Pratley \(MS\)

Eric, I am glad that your organization is finding the product useful. Any details on how you use it or plan to use it would be much appreciated. You can send me mail privately if you like.

Chris (MS)
Chris,

Thanks very much for the tip, but as you say, it's a bit awkward. Look forward to this, and further improvements. The product idea is really great, but it appears (at least to us) that it's difficult to un-train from old habits, applying to Word, Excel, etc. This is really a new way to think and work and when implemented fully, will be a great tool, I'm sure.

We're about 45 people at specialitycruises.com looking at and testing the product presently, so we'll see.

Best regards,

Eric G
Stockholm, Sweden

Chris (MS)

Hello,

Best regards

Eric G,

Stockholm, Sweden

E

Eric G

Chris,

We're certainly interested in sharing our thoughts as we look at just about anything that will do our jobs easier, quicker and/or more accurate - all in the name of serving our guests and clients better.

I'll get back to you, even though it will probably be a month or so, before I get the opportunity, as this is the beginning of our European/Mediterranean season.

Best regards,

Eric G

http://specialitycruises.com

Eric, I am glad that your organization is finding the product useful. Any details on how you use it or plan to use it would be much appreciated. You can send me mail privately if you like.

Chris (MS)
Chris,

Best regards,

Eric G
Stockholm, Sweden

Chris (MS)

Hello,

Best regards

Eric G,

Stockholm, Sweden

Ask a Question