Objects + Shapes Randomly move when doc roundtripped Mac to PC

S

speedy

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

I'm working on a presentation for a client, who are all on PCs. I'm on a Mac (obviously) but also work on PCs.

When they open my presentation for review, various shapes, text and pieces of art (saved as pngs) have randomly moved out of position. When the file comes back to me other items have shifted — not always the same items, and some shift on the master as well. For example, there is a line on the master than either moves up or down and loses its alignment every time the file is sent back and forth between us.

I am using 2008 and so is the client, although they prefer to have files saved in the older format.

All this moving makes me look like I don't know how to align objects and shapes on a slide, and it's infuriating. I never had this problem in PPT 2004.

Is the problem on my end, with a corrupt installation of PPT, or a corrupted file, or is there some problem with round-tripping files between a Mac and PC? Any help would be appreciated.

S

speedy

I haven't experienced the same problem, but that's only because I don't typically produce documents for clients using Word or Excel. I'm a professional presentation designer, so while I work with Word and Excel I'm not usually concerned with the formats of those documents.

I'm pretty sure this is a problem driven by PPT 2008 on the Mac. When I fixed the problems on the PC, and kept the presentation on the PC, items stay put and don't move. Sure would be nice to be able to rely on the Mac, though.

Ask a Question