Office Update 10.2.3 kills network connections to shares.

H

heagan

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Don't ask me why, but I witnessed this myself. I just did a clean install on a 27" iMac updated the OS to 10.6.2 set up several SMB shares and ran the final office update 10.2.1.(which I had disk images of) I left the clients place telling him to use the software update on MS Office for the remaining updates. He updated his Office to 10.2.3 and it killed the ability to connect to the shares I had already set up. I went back and tried to reconnect the shares and the "Connect to Server" did nothing. I tried to connect to the shares in the finder as well, nothing. I uninstalled Office and restarted the computer and BAM all the shares came back. We reinstalled Office and only updated to 10.2.1 and everything is fine now. Would someone at Microsoft please look into this?

H

heagan

You obviously didn't read my post and this user isn't even using timemachine. When I UNINSTALLED Office the SMB shares worked again.

H

heagan

Sorry to be so snarky. But I am an ASA and that is not the issue here. There is definitely something crazy going between Snow Leopard and Office 10.2.3. The fact that uninstalling office corrected the problem tells me there is something deeper than the OS.

Ask a Question