Outbox “Send†will not send messages

C

Charlie Brown

My Outbox “Date: Today†disappeared and somehow was replaced with “Date: None†at some point in time that seem to coincide with the period after I loaded Business Contact Manager over Outlook 2003.

Coincidently, the Outbox folder symbol looks like it changed to a “forwarded†arrow (facing right) but I can’t locate a list of what these symbols mean to be sure.

My eMail messages suddenly were sent to the “Date: None†list in the Outbox. Attempting to send them by clicking “send/receive†or “send†on the toolbar brought no response. The error message was “0x8004210B operation timed out waiting for a response from the SMPT server.â€

As suggested in a number of posts from Microsoft, I checked with the connection and did not identify an unusual entry. The SMTP was connected and operation according to the results of a test.

I managed to have the “Date: Today†category reappear in the Outbox folder by forwarding each message. However, each forward was copied to the “Date: Today†category and had to be deleted from the “Date: None†category manually—all except the last message that refused to be deleted.

Messages in the two “date†categories have different envelope symbols. The “Today†category has a closed envelope. The “None†category has an open envelope and what looks like a piece of paper located at the lower left corner of the envelope. Also, the “today†message “to†and “subject†information was automatically converted into italics, while “none†messages are in regular text.

How do I return to my normal Outbox setting that sends message when I manually click “send/receive?â€

M

Malcolm from Wales

Charlie

I have had exactly the same problem. It may have been caused by installing Norton Internet Security as the problem seemed to begin at the same time.

Have you been able to identify and / or solve the problem.

I would appreciace some tips if you have.

Malcolm

Ask a Question