Outline Problem

K

Kris

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

When I first started my outline, when I would hit enter and to to the next line, it would continue my outline. Then, if I hit the tab key, it would go to the next applicable symbol, and if I backspaced it would let me go back to other symbols. So, for example:
I. First line of text
A. Next Line
1. Next
B. Next

I got to the 'B' by hitting, enter, tab, and backspace. Now, somehow, that feature seems to have turned off, and I don't know how to turn it back on. Any thoughts?

J

Jesse

When I first started my outline, when I would hit enter and to to the
next line, it would continue my outline. Then, if I hit the tab key, it
would go to the next applicable symbol, and if I backspaced it would let
me go back to other symbols. So, for example: I. First line of text A.
Next Line 1. Next B. Next

I got to the 'B' by hitting, enter, tab, and backspace. Now, somehow,
that feature seems to have turned off, and I don't know how to turn it
back on. Any thoughts?

Hi.

I just wasted 2 hours trying to figure this same thing out myself. If it's still giving you problems, try this:
1). In the Tools menu, click AutoCorrect.
2). In the AutoFormat as You Type section, make sure that both the Automatic bullet lists and Automatic numbered list buttons are checked.
3). Click the "Tabs and backspace set left indent" button further down the list.

It was this last step that took me an hour to figure out, and it now works for me again. Good luck.

Ask a Question