Outlook 2000 Reccuring Mtg Appointment Glitch?

J

jengan

When meeting invitees respond (accept/decline) to a rescheduled meeting within an existing series of recurring appointments, Outllook will respond and say that this meeting is not in the calendar and has been moved or deleted.

Example: the recurring mtg is weekly every Friday from 9A-10A, starting Aug 6 through Aug 27 and all of the invitees have accepted. The meeting scheduled on Aug 13 needs to be rescheduled to Aug 12. So the Aug 13 mtg is opened and rescheduled to Aug 12 and the mtg invitees start accepting the updated appt. One or two people will accept the update and the appt looks fine, then for some reason an invitee will accept and the organizer opens the accept response and Outlook will say 'this meeting is not in the calendar, it has either been moved or deleted'.

As the meeting organizer, I check the appt in my calendar, the appt is there, but all of the attendees have dropped of and that particular appt shows as a single appt in my calendar with no one else attending. This creates the problem of not being able to update that appt again without starting over. It does show on the invitee's calendars with a slash through the recurring arrow icon.

Can someone PLEASE tell me what I'm doing wrong of if this is a bug within Outlook?

Thank you.

Ask a Question