A

AP

I get the follwoing error when printing to our hp 2430;

PCL XL error
subsystem: KERNAL
Error: IllegalOperatorSequence
Operator:EndChar
Position: 23

This is only happening when I print 2 pages of any excel document.
If I print one by one it's ok.

S

Stefan te Veluwe

We have the same problemen at a customer of ours. You can workaround it by using PostScript drivers. But we need to use the pcl6 drivers because some of the application only work with pcl.

EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com

B

Bob I

This isn't a chat room. Your "reply" is not connected to a question, but
simply started another thread.

J

Jamie Zaroslinski

I am currently having the same issue with Excel and would like to know if possibly you forgot to post the solution to this? I have found that it is only within Excel and no other Office product. I am hoping that a repair on the Office install will help, but for now this is just a guessing game. Please let me know if you have found anything out.
Thanks!

EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com

E

Eleni D

Hi There,

I've just solved this issue for someone in our office.

Depending on what type of printer you are printing to, printer driver you are using and operating system. Also how your network security is setup in relation to the ability to change the printer settings.

First go to Start -> printers and faxes -> right click on the printer and select properties (or preferences in windows7). Go to Advanced tab -> untick enable advanced printing features.

Try to print again. If you are getting the same error message and you are on a windows 7 pc. You will need to install Postscript drivers for the printer rather than PCL drivers. This should then fix the issue.

If you require step by step instructions on doing this please let me know and I'll post them for you. The issue I had was with MS Visio on Windows 7 64-bit operating system with Toshiba printer, this was fixed with the Postscript (PS3) drivers.

However have also had a PCL XL Error with a PDF document (with pictures) on a Windows XP 32-bit operating system with a Toshiba printer and this was resolved with removing the advanced printing features tick box.

Regards,

Eleni

Ask a Question