Photo album capability in Office X?

C

cavernap

Version: v.X
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

Hi,
It looks like Powerpoint 2008 has the ability to import a folder full of pictures into a photo album, which can then be presented as a slideshow. Is it possible to do the same thing in the older version of Powerpoint (from Office X)? I can't find any way of loading a bunch of photos into PP, without importing them one at a time. Thanks!

J

Jim Gordon MVP

Version: v.X
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

Hi,
It looks like Powerpoint 2008 has the ability to import a folder full of pictures into a photo album, which can then be presented as a slideshow. Is it possible to do the same thing in the older version of Powerpoint (from Office X)? I can't find any way of loading a bunch of photos into PP, without importing them one at a time. Thanks!

Hi

Please excuse the self promotion. This is the only solution that I am
aware of other than writing your own macro to do it:

http://www.agentjim.com/MVP/PowerPoint/ppt.html

To do it yourself:
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00352.htm

-Jim

--
Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

MVPs are independent experts who are not affiliated with Microsoft.

Visit my blog
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-i7JMeio7cqvhotIUwCzaJWq9

C

cavernap

Hi Jim,

Self promotion excused! Thanks for the info. I looked at the do-it-yourself page, and as much as I would like to play around with the code, I really need to just get a bunch of photos loaded and be done with it. $10 is a very reasonable amount for your add-in, and it seems to work fine. My concern was if I loaded my photos into PPT on my Mac using the add-in, would the presentation work on a PC (sometimes a Mac PPT presentation doesn't work right on a PC). But so far there are no problems. I will recommend InsertPicturePPTX to others. The big question is why Microsoft doesn't include this feature in the program.

Thanks again.

J

Jim Gordon MVP

Hi Jim,

Self promotion excused! Thanks for the info. I looked at the do-it-yourself page, and as much as I would like to play around with the code, I really need to just get a bunch of photos loaded and be done with it. $10 is a very reasonable amount for your add-in, and it seems to work fine. My concern was if I loaded my photos into PPT on my Mac using the add-in, would the presentation work on a PC (sometimes a Mac PPT presentation doesn't work right on a PC). But so far there are no problems. I will recommend InsertPicturePPTX to others. The big question is why Microsoft doesn't include this feature in the program.

Thanks again.

Hi,

I'm glad you like the add-in.

Office was built to be "extensible," meaning it was designed
intentionally so that the purchaser of the product could extend its
capabilities in ways that Microsoft didn't anticipate.

There are thousands of add-ins made by many individuals and organizations.

MacBU was stretched a little thin by changes to MacOS (introduction of
OSX) and by the hardware change from PowerPC to Intel. Plus there's a
shortage of Mac programmers (if you know any good ones, please let them
know MacBU is hiring). Certainly Microsoft has enough money, so my
conclusion is that the reason why you don't find this feature, and
particularly motion paths, is due to a combination of factors - not
enough manpower combined with deadlines for product release complicated
by radical changes externally (OSX and Intel).

In other words, I think it largely due to circumstances, some of which
are beyond Microsoft's control. Soon Snow Leopard will be on the scene -
another OS change that will probably affect Office and offer new
possibilities.

-Jim

--
Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

MVPs are independent experts who are not affiliated with Microsoft.

Visit my blog
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-i7JMeio7cqvhotIUwCzaJWq9

Ask a Question