PowerPoint 2008 corrupts slide sorter of all PowerPoint 2004 files

• Thread starter Johnnie_Barcode
  • Start date
J

Johnnie_Barcode

I am running a MacBook Pro OS X 10.5.1, 2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo with 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM.

I like many of the new PowerPoint 2008 features, but once I have opened PP08 all of my PP04 files are corrupted (viewed as large text gibberish). I can quit all Office 2008 apps and then open PP04, but they remain corrupted. It is as if a different coding was established for the fonts in PP08.

Any suggestions as I use the slide sorter extensively.

G

Giovanni Mancini

Running a Mac, have you tried using Keynote that comes with either iWork'08 or '06 and import the PPT file. This has worked for me recently as I'm still running 2004 and one of my clients has recently upgraded to 2008 and experienced a similar issue. Not guaranteed to work for all PPT documents as the content contained within the document varies, but worth a try.

How to: Simply within Keynote under File/Open, open your PPT file, then choose File/Export, select PPT and do a Save As from Keynote. Then open the new exported file in PPT08 and see if this helps.

If you don't have iWork'08, download it and use it in demo/tryout mode.

J

Johnnie_Barcode

Giovanni,

I need to retain PowerPoint formats so using Keynote isn't an option. The good news is it appears that Apple solved the problem with 10.5.2 because I am now back to good slide sorters.

Thanks for the ideas.

Peace!

Ask a Question