Print Attachment Script

J

jsa021

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I'm having difficulty getting the Print Message w-Attach X 1.02 script to work in Entourage 2008.

(As referenced here: <http://www.officeformac.com/ProductForums/Entourage/4490)>

The script has been placed in the proper folder and I have restarted both the application and my iMac but no success - the script appears in Entourage's pull-down script menu but nothing happens when I select it. My Entourage print function otherwise works perfectly; however, it is essential that I indicate the presence of attachments on the hard copies of my emails.

Are we certain that this script will work with 2008? If not, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any advice or assistance.

JSA

J

jsa021

Thanks for the response, Diane.

Yes, I selected the message. I tried (i) highlighting the message in the inbox and selecting the script and (ii) opening the message via double-click and then selecting the script.

I even tried moving the messages to other folders (Inbox, Sent, etc.) without any luck.

I cannot imagine what could be interfering.

J

jsa021

Diane, the mystery has been solved. Your response sent me into script editor to try and locate the problem.

I opened up the script and determined that it requires a designated "default" mail account in order to run properly. Since I did not have any accounts set up in this copy of Entourage (I'm printing from an imported Entourage archive), the script was getting hung up when it tried to identify the correct email account.

Simple solution- I created a generic mail account. Now that it sees an account, the script runs to completion and I get my Attachment list.

Ask a Question