Printing with Semi-Transparent Shapes

L

Lea Hayes

Hi

I have noticed a problem with all versions of Microsoft Word, etc. When I have for example some text and then place a shape (i.e. rectangle) over the text (so the text cannot be seen at the moment). Then apply a gradient style to the rectangle, and modify the transparency option for half of the gradient (so that the shape becomes transparent gradually), the text gradually becomes visible on the screen. It looks fine on the screen, but when printed the transparency options are ignored, the text can no longer be seen. I have tried stacking several shapes on top of each other, and then making the top one gradually become transparent; but again doesn't work but looks okay on the screen

Does anybody know how to solve this problem, I am using an Epson printer, but the problem occurs on other printers and computers as well. I have tried changing different options under the printer preferences, word's preferences, and have tried the latest updates for both my printer and Microsoft Word

Because of this I am unable to produce printouts which reflect exactly what is been displayed on the screen. This is the same for both Office 2003 and Office XP

Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated

Regards
Lea Hayes

Ask a Question