Problem with a data access page and my backend

P

pdm

Hi, this is a repost of a question I put in 'General' from a couple weeks ago. First repost

Does anyone know a way to simulate a timer event with a data access page, or solve the following? I put a script in a Data access page BeforeInitialBind to redirect users when I wanted to do some maintenance. This works when they open the page or refresh it, problem is that it's left open and even though the page is on a readonly connection it locks the backend -- so no maintenance. I'd like to use a timer event to rerun the script every couple minutes, but there isn't one. I've been clearing these with net file /close but that's nasty and primitive (well, ugly at least). The solution would have to be set in the page or connection file, not on the client

I'd thought perhaps resetting the ODBC refresh interval or something like that might retrigger it. Maybe the page can be unbound from the MSODSC after it's generated?? I'd normally poke around for hours on but I'm either getting lazy or smart so I'll ask if anyone else has already figured this out. Cheers! Peter

Ask a Question