Problem with two Comoboxes on Form

M

Malcolm

I am a comparative newcomer to database design and am using Access 2002. I hit a snag when designing a form intended to input data to one of the tables, (tblClarkResults), as follows:

tblPlayer, which is fully populated, contains the following fields - Name, Band, Handicap, LastYears% and LastYearsMatches.

tblClarkResults, which currently has no data in it, contains the following fields - Name, Handicap, ClarkPartner, ClarkPartnerHandicap, ClarkPair, PairHandicap, ClarkPoints, 1st2nd3rdReduction and Date.

The Name field in tblPlayer is linked to the same field in tblClarkResults with a one to many relationship.

I currently have two comboboxes (Name and ClarkPartner), on the form in question, the intention being that when names are selected in these boxes, related handicaps appear in their associated text boxes (Handicap and ClarkPartnerHandicap). Although I have managed to achieve the first part of this objective, by using an underlying query, everything that I have tried relating to the second part has failed. At times the two handicaps pulled up were the same, whilst at other times the second text box contained either the word #Error or #Name.

Any advice will be gratefully received.

Regards

Malcolm

Ask a Question