Problems when opening Word 2008

L

Laz

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Power PC

When opening Word I first get a dialog saying "You are working without a Word work file and memory is nearly full. Save your work." I have 4 gigs of memory and a 500gig HD with 195 gigs free. Another dilog in the background is trying to open Document Elements.dotx. I click OK on the dialog, then am presented with another dialog stating "Word cannot open this document template. (Document Elements.dotx). Then an empty document opens on the screen (even though I may have started this by clicking a Word doc that I have created earlier (doesn't matter which Doc, does with any of them).
I go to the menu bar and can't make a new doc, use the open or anything really as they are greyed out. The curor blinks on the document, but key strokes will not register.

I am at wits end, help

L

Laz

I should add that I have used Office's Remove Office application, got rid of all preferences and reinstalled Office 2008.

C

CyberTaz

Have you applied the updates since re-installing? Did you repair permissions
after the updates?

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

Ask a Question