Project 2003 won't link tasks or calculate summary task durationcorrectly.

M

Mark Taylor

I recently started having an issue with MS Project Professional 2003. If I link two detail tasks together, the link shows up, but the second task will not move out after the completion of the first task, i.e., a standard FS dependency. Also, if I create a summary task for several detailed tasks, the duration of the summary task will stay at 1 day even if the detailed tasks have a duration of several days. I haven't changed any config settings and if I give the mpp file to a coworker, everything works as one would expect. When she saves the file and sends it back to me, it looks as I would expect it to, but if I modify anything, like insert a new detail task, the detailed taskss don't move out, nor does the summary task reflect that the duration has increased. If I manually adjust the detailed tasks, the summary task still will not update correctly.

I suspect that either an OS (XP) update or Office (2007) update may have overwritten a dll. A repair install and two uninstall/re-installs of Project did not fix the problem.

EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
WPF And The Model View View Model Pattern
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...b-7374d3da3425/wpf-and-the-model-view-vi.aspx

J

JulieS

Hello Mark,

Make sure your calculation is set to Automatic. Tools > Options,
Calculation tab.

I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

J

Jack Dahlgren MVP

Hit the F9 key to recalculate. If it recalculates then follow Julie and
Jan's advice. If it doesn't recalculate, look to see if an actual start has
been set for the tasks.

-Jack Dahlgren

in message news:[email protected]...

Ask a Question