Question about Time functions

C

Coleen

Hi All :)

I have a user that has created a database where they are tracking their time. The field in the table is set to date/time and the time format is set to short time, so it displays correctly, but it does not sum correctly. They have a report where all the time entered as hours and minutes (i.e., 1:30) does not sum up so if the total time worked adds up to 6 hours 30 minutes, the sum for that time is showing as 12:00. I can't remember what function to use to calculate time - can someone please refresh my memory? I've checked the help files and tried to use Timevalue("time_field") but this doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA, Coleen

D

Duane Hookom

Durations of time should be stored as a numeric value rather than a time
value. However, you can sum the time and multiply by 24 to get total hours
with decimal.

C

Coleen

Thanks - I will let my user know and change it for her.

I guess all the functions I have used have been for dates - not time. The date functions work very well, but I thought there was a way to display the time as hours & minutes without actually showing the time as 1:30pm...

Coleen
Hi All :)

I have a user that has created a database where they are tracking their time. The field in the table is set to date/time and the time format is set to short time, so it displays correctly, but it does not sum correctly. They have a report where all the time entered as hours and minutes (i.e., 1:30) does not sum up so if the total time worked adds up to 6 hours 30 minutes, the sum for that time is showing as 12:00. I can't remember what function to use to calculate time - can someone please refresh my memory? I've checked the help files and tried to use Timevalue("time_field") but this doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA, Coleen

Ask a Question