repeating calendar entries moves 1 hour back in time

G

GreyT

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a mac pro wit osx 10.6.2. I run entourage and sync with a pc running xp and outlook and an ipod touch. every thing is fine. except for one thing: when I enter a repeating event in the calendar (every day) the event moves ahead of time that is from say 16.00 to 15.00 and some time later it beebs the alrm at 14.00.
cannot find a fx on this, and its only in entorage this happens
any help?
kind regards
Palle

N

Nisha

Which version of Entourage are you running? and what is your OS timezone? Can you write down or explain the whole scenario leading to this result?

G

GreyT

hi
Entourage is 12.2.3
timezone in osx is copenhagen (=gmt+1)
have tried to change to paris or berlin, but that does not change response.
fisrt it thought it was daylight saving that did it since i entered a 7 month run period, but thats not the case.

problem turned up when i entered a dayly repeating event (every day) in entourage, after some time the event was moved ahead in time as described, so it useless now.

would be nice to fix it though.
have a hunc it may correspond with mobilem. sync, since i experience troubles there too (sync stops and can ionly be reactivated if i log of an d then on as guestm sync , log off and the log on as admin (usual account)

P

N

Nisha

1. Is your event/calendar timezone also set to GMT+ 1?
2. Does this happen only with events that are repeating every day?
3. Are these meetings, attendees involved?
4. Which client did you use to create these events?

N

Nisha

hi grey,

thanks for the answers to the questions.

one thing i'd like to clarify is both your OS and Entourage Calendar timezone is set to GMT + 1. Correct?

We tried to repro this scenario on our end using Entourage and MobileMe but no luck.

Can you please narrow down the exact repro steps.

1. Create a daily recurring event in Entourage
2. Sync to different clients
3. Observe the event getting synced to different clients
4. Observe event moving back 1hr in Entourage

Our guess is syncing with some other client is causing the event to back 1hr, hence it would be useful to figure out the exact scenario.

Thanks.

G

GreyT

Hi
it happens as you mention / outlines but I have not been able to pin down when this change in entourage happens, first I thought it was due to the enitial period streched into rdaylightsaving time, then that sleepmode might provoke it or due to the fact that the repetition streched past midnight, so to speak, but it seems from the random occourences that it may happen say in the middle of the afternoon.
only hunch is that system somehows sync back to itself and then miss the real time

would be real nice to have it fixed.
I am not at my mac until 12 january
kind regards
Palle

T

tracyr

hi grey,
>
> thanks for the answers to the questions.
>
> one thing i'd like to clarify is both your OS and Entourage Calendar timezone is set to GMT + 1. Correct?
>
> We tried to repro this scenario on our end using Entourage and MobileMe but no luck.
>
> Can you please narrow down the exact repro steps.
>
> 1. Create a daily recurring event in Entourage
> 2. Sync to different clients
> 3. Observe the event getting synced to different clients
> 4. Observe event moving back 1hr in Entourage
>
> Our guess is syncing with some other client is causing the event to back 1hr, hence it would be useful to figure out the exact scenario.
>
> Thanks.

Hi Nisha-

I have the same problem as Grey with entourage. My husband will send me calendar invites from Outlook on his pc and when I accept them into my Entourage calendar, the event moves back 1 day. I get a note in the email invite that says "Note: The GMT offset above does not reflect daylight savings time adjustments." This occurs when he sends me invitations to all day events (events that have no start or end time). We both checked our date and time settings on our computers and in entourage and outlook and both are set to EST, which is correct. Any thoughts on what might be causing this problem? Thanks for your help!
Tracy

W

Wingz13

I have the same problem as well. My admin assistant is in the UK and I am in US (GMT-5). She uses Outlook 2007 and I use Entourage we are running on Exchange 2003. When she sets up a recurring meeting for me and Entourage is closed, it sets up properly. If Entourage is open, or when I open it, the meeting shifts by 4 hours earlier.

N

Nisha

Hi Tracy,

There could be many dependencies in your case. First of all whichv version of Outlook/Windows is your husband using? Which Entourage/Mac OS you are using? The timezone definitions might not be matching in either of the operating systems or clients which means that one of the clients or operating system has not updated thier timezone definitions to the latest.

Entourage did have some problems with All Day event timezones earlier. We are working to make the experience better.

Can you provide me more details on your version numbers ?

Thanks
Nisha

N

Nisha

Hi Wingz13,

Exchange 2003 is pretty old, this seems to be the case of stale timezone definitions.

Try upgrading your exchange server to 2007+.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Nisha

T

tracyr

Hi Tracy,
>
> There could be many dependencies in your case. First of all whichv version of Outlook/Windows is your husband using? Which Entourage/Mac OS you are using? The timezone definitions might not be matching in either of the operating systems or clients which means that one of the clients or operating system has not updated thier timezone definitions to the latest.
>
> Entourage did have some problems with All Day event timezones earlier. We are working to make the experience better.
>
> Can you provide me more details on your version numbers ?
>
> Thanks
> Nisha

HI Nisha-

I am running Entourage 2008 version 12.1.0 and my husband is runnion outlook 2003 version 12.0

Thanks for your help. I also noticed when I syc'd my entourgae calendar with iCal, the start times moved back 1 hour in iCal.

Tracy

Ask a Question