resizing of graphs when pasted as picture

A

akw

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Intel

Hi All,

I would like to paste an excel graph as a picture. (I've done this often before, and don't know what's up here). I copy, paste as picture into PP and resize to fit with the rest of my images. When the entire figure is copied and pasted as a picture, the excel graph is huge. I have tried leaving it as an excel linked file until the final paste as well, same things happens. I ultimately want these to go into word as pictures.

Would upgrading to 2008 help?

Thanks,
Amy

J

Jim Gordon MVP

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Intel

Hi All,

I would like to paste an excel graph as a picture. (I've done this often before, and don't know what's up here). I copy, paste as picture into PP and resize to fit with the rest of my images. When the entire figure is copied and pasted as a picture, the excel graph is huge. I have tried leaving it as an excel linked file until the final paste as well, same things happens. I ultimately want these to go into word as pictures.

Would upgrading to 2008 help?

Thanks,
Amy

Hi Amy,

In PowerPoint you can right-click or control-click and choose Format
Picture, or select the picture and use the Format menu.

Any way you do it, you'll get to the picture format dialog box. There's
a Size tab where you can size it manually or let PowerPoint figure out
the best size for the current slide.

Another way to do it:
In Excel, hold the shift key down while you click the Edit menu. Choose
Copy Picture then do a regular paste in other programs.

-Jim

--
Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

MVPs are independent experts who are not affiliated with Microsoft.

Visit my blog
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-i7JMeio7cqvhotIUwCzaJWq9

A

akw

Thanks for the reply, sorry if I couldn't describe the problem better. The issue is that when I paste the resized graph as a picture, I end up with only a portion of my graph, dramatically blown up in size. Are you saying that if I manually set the size on the format window, this alteration won't happen?

Amy

J

Jim Gordon MVP

Thanks for the reply, sorry if I couldn't describe the problem better. The issue is that when I paste the resized graph as a picture, I end up with only a portion of my graph, dramatically blown up in size. Are you saying that if I manually set the size on the format window, this alteration won't happen?

Amy

Hi,

The entire graph is most likely there, but it is larger than the screen
area that PowerPoint displays (indicated by the white field area in
Normal view).

Try making the graph's picture much smaller using the Format > Size
settings and most likely you'll find that it can fit nicely on the screen.

-Jim

--
Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

MVPs are independent experts who are not affiliated with Microsoft.

Visit my blog
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-i7JMeio7cqvhotIUwCzaJWq9

Ask a Question