sending an excel spreadsheet

M

merina

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel How do i send my single excel sheet, in an attachment without the numerous blank sheets showing up too? I have tried to send a file which has only one sheet of data and numerous blank sheets. Although it prints as one sheet, the attachment on an email will send the data sheet along with a bazillion additional blank sheets. This has never happened before so I don't know what is happening or how to fix it. Many Thanks.

C

CyberTaz

When you attach a file to an email message you attach the *entire* file ‹
you can't just attach 'part' of it. If you want to send just the one sheet;

1- Use the Move or Copy Sheet command to copy the sheet to a separate
workbook file & send that, or
2- Create a PDF & send that if the recipient need not revise it, or
3- Export the data as a Text file & send that, or
4- Delete the empty sheets from your file ‹ why have "a bazillion" blank
sheets in the workbook in the first place?

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

M

Mungo

How do i send my single excel sheet, in an attachment without the numerous blank sheets showing up too? I have tried to send a file which has only one sheet of data and numerous blank sheets. Although it prints as one sheet, the attachment on an email will send the data sheet along with a bazillion additional blank sheets. This has never happened before so I don't know what is happening or how to fix it. Many Thanks.

Go to Excel>Preferences>General and see an option there to vary the number of sheets in a new workbook. Before you email, check on the number of visible sheets in the workbook.

Ask a Question