sending presentations via e-mail

P

Paul_Mayers

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

the presentation is too large to send as a powerpoint doc or a pdf. Have tried saving as a web page, but that cannot be opened at the other end.

Is there a way I can save a compressed version of the presentation that can be opened by a PC user? Or is there another way to do send a large presentation?

A

Adam Bailey

Is there a way I can save a compressed version of the presentation that can
be opened by a PC user? Or is there another way to do send a large
presentation?

You could try zipping it (http://www.maczipit.com/), but I don't know
how much reduction in size you'll get. You might also try a centralized
hosting site like Rapidshare or Sendspace.

B

Beegirl

There are "shrinking" programs out there that allow you to compress the ppt up to a point. I was surprised that the quality remained "good enough" when I used them on ppt 03.
A few of them have free trials so you could experiment.

You may have already done this, but a good Google search might be helpful. I found some interesting options just now.

Also, would you consider (sigh...) splitting up the presentation into two or more smaller ones and having the people at the other end put them back together? Icky option but if you can find a friend on the other end to help......

Another option would be to save the whole presentation as a series of jpgs. Links would be lost, however.

And of course, you should check the size of any images and work to shrink them.

Good luck.

S

Steve Rindsberg

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

the presentation is too large to send as a powerpoint doc or a pdf. Have tried saving as a web page, but that cannot be opened at the other end.

Is there a way I can save a compressed version of the presentation that can be opened by a PC user? Or is there another way to do send a large presentation?

A lot of people use services like You SendIt for this:

http://www.yousendit.com/

Ask a Question